If you want to start a blog for your business, it’s vital that you read this article as it will help you to understand how blog posting can have serious marketing potential. A blog can help your business to:
- Engage with your customers and develop relationships by asking for their feedback and comments while simultaneously allowing them to get to know your business, build trust and give you a unique insight into what your customers want.
- Make a name for your company in your particular industry with blog posts that are full of expert content and information which will make you a valuable resource and lead to higher traffic, which will help you gain a good reputation.
- Show the personal side of your company and give others an idea of your ethos, vision and personality.
- Create opportunities for your blog to be shared with others. If a customer shares your blog on social media, then they are essentially marketing our company for free.
- Fresh and interesting content is a great way to help boost your search engine ranking as it gives search engines content to index and keywords to help improve your visibility further.
So how can you get your blog noticed? Here are some tips to help you:
You will naturally use keywords in your blog posts but it’s important to find out which keywords will bring more traffic your way so finding relevant keywords is something to consider. There are lots of tools and techniques available to help you find out.
Use Keywords in Your Posts
Place your keywords where they will be seen by your potential customers and by the search engines that will index your content. So places like the title, any headings used in your post, the first and last paragraph as well as Meta tags. Be careful not to engage in keyword stuffing – using a keyword too many times as this is something that many search engines penalize.
Think About Images
Search engines can’t read an image by itself but it can read the filename and alternative text field name so make sure keywords are used here.
Use Links to Reference Others
When you are quoting or giving credit to another blogger then include a link to the information. This is good etiquette and you may get a link back from them.
Allow People to Subscribe
You may offer RSS or subscription options so that people visiting your site can receive notification when you add new content.
Make Use of Social Media
Use twitter and Facebook to make connections with customers or attract new ones by promoting your blog posts and increasing your blog’s exposure. Social media provides free marketing after all so take advantage.
One of the most popular ways to increase the page ranking of your company’s website is through forum posting. A forum is an online community that concentrates on a particular interest and where users post content that is specific to the topic and where information is shared willingly.
Posts made which provide answers, support or a solution to a particular question may also refer users to your website and encourage them to purchase goods or services while improving your reputation as a vendor who provides practical and informative solutions.
This article will give you some tips to help you post effectively on forums as part of your effective marketing campaign.
Forum Posting Tips
- Make sure the forum is related to what your business can provide. It’s not a good idea to go posting on just any forum and you will be viewed as a spammer and users of the forum are likely to ignore you and at worse report you, which may result in you being banned, and your membership terminated by forum moderators.
- Give your post a good title, which will help to attract potential customers to read your post.
- Insert relevant keywords, which are the foundation of your online marketing strategy. You need them to create an optimized site and suitable advertisements. Important keywords should be in the title and then sprinkled throughout the post. Most people will access a forum looking for a solution to a specific problem they’re having. It’s a place to ask questions and get advice. With appropriate keywords in the title and body of the post it will appear in search results when somebody types in the keyword as part of their query and thus bring you visitors to the forum and specifically to your post.
- Take a look at the forum posting guidelines and make sure you follow them closely. This will earn you a good name and reputation amongst other forum members and improve the traffic to your site.
- Increase your chances of attracting natural traffic through off-page optimization like bookmarking your post, sharing it on social media sites like Facebook and twitter. You can also place your link after your signature, which will help with link building.
Forums are often free to browse but, to create a post or comment on someone else’s post on forums, you will likely need to make an account with a user-name and password. Once you have done this you may need to add information to your profile and then you can find a relevant thread or create one of your own and start a conversation with other forum members.
A web presenter is a professional actor who brings a voice to your website. It’s a new way for you to connect and communicate with your visitors as it will immediately perk their interest and hold their attention.
Web presenters can:
- Welcome your customers
- Help you deliver important messages
- Explain your products and services
- Meet your business objectives
- Highlight particular pages
- Answer frequently asked questions
- Build trust with your customers
Video on your website increases your site traffic and results in higher online sales. A web presenter is a virtual sales person who presents a friendly and personal touch to your website and is able to get your message across much easier than your visitors having to read through a lot of text.
There are numerous professional companies who can help you to create a live online personality from the initial stages through to the final production of the video and installation on your website. The following points outline the various stages you will go through to make a web presenter a reality on your website;
- Develop The Concept – the company you choose will get an overall understanding of your website and what you want your web presenter to talk about and any graphics you want included.
- Choose A Presenter – you will be given a selection of professional presenters to choose from so you can find one that matches the personality, look and style of your website.
- Design and Write A Script – either do it yourself or have a professional scriptwriter write one for you to deliver the content using the style and tone of voice you want to deliver.
- Creation of Your Video – The video will then be recorded and edited to produce a basic format, which can then be digitally enhanced.
- Choose Interactive Graphics – these can be part of your message or be linked to the presentation being delivered by your presenter to make their point.
- Installation of Your Video – your video will be installed onto your webpage or the creator will provide what’s needed for you to do it instead.
So now you have some idea of the process you will go through, now all you need to do is find a professional company to help you realize this important step to making your website even more appealing to your customers.