It is possible that the importance of first page placement is lost on some people, but in order to explain why it is so important for your blog or website, it is helpful to first understand what it really is.
First page placement is fairly self-explanatory. It just means that when someone uses a phrase or word in a search engine, that your page, post, or content will come up on the first page of results. Now, Google, Yahoo!, Bing, etc., will all have different results come up on their first page, but with good search engine optimization your site should still come up as a first page result on any search engine.
But why is it important to be on the first page of search results? Think about your own searching habits. When you look for information on the internet, how often do you go to the second page of search results? Usually someone will only go to the second or third page if they have not found adequate information on the first page. Typically information found on the first page is considered most relevant, and information found on consecutive pages is either less relevant or less accurate.
So you see it is important to boost your search results so that you are on the front page of results, and preferably closer to the top of the page. If someone can find relevant information in the first search result, then they do not even need to look any further to check out later results, and your web site may never be accessed at all. Therefore it is of utmost importance to boost your content to be closest to the first result shown by a search engine.
So what can be done to help get your website into the first few results in a search of Google, Yahoo!, or Bing?
- SEO (search engine optimization) is a key way to begin
- optimizing keywords used with your content can help searches target your site
- creating accurate and relevant content helps relevant searches find it
- Linking to other sites with relevant information, and being back linked to, will help searches see your website as relevant to the topic at hand.
It is always helpful to test out some search terms on your own. In order to see where your website is lacking with its tagging or SEO usage, go ahead and search yourself. It can be quite telling to discover how well you’re already doing. With these tips and a little bit of research, you can get your content to the first page in a matter of days!
We live in an age when Internet access is everywhere, anybody can publish any sort of content, and all of this is right at our fingertips. If you ask me, that is an exciting time! But what is the big deal about blog posting? What can it do for you and how can it be used?
To start with there are many possible uses for and reasons to get into blog posting. Perhaps you have a business that would benefit from a web presence or from ongoing information in your field of expertise. Or maybe you work with an organization which needs a way of getting their information out to the world, such as a non-profit, or a political group. Or perhaps your interests are personal and you are sharing personal knowledge in a life style blog or some other personal interest group.
No matter the reason you are interested in starting a blog, there are some useful considerations, which will help you to begin your blog posting. Take a look at these tips and keep them in mind as you begin to set up your first blog:
- Choose a host that suits your needs: When deciding on a blog hosting service it is important to shop around for a service provider that best suits your needs. You will find different options and packages depending on your requirements. If you need something simple or complex, pre-formatted or entirely DIY, customizable or static, there are options out there for your needs.
- Find a look: Once you have your blog set up it is next important to find a look that suits your needs. There are endless possibilities to choose from, but what is most important across the board is to keep it clean cut and easily accessible by your viewers. Other than this, it is all up to you. From layout to colors and fonts, to site mapping, it is all in your hands!
- Create content: Next comes the ongoing part of blog posting. The actual posting part! Keep your information correct and succinct, relevant, and up to date. There are endless ways and types of content, and that part is entirely dependent upon the sort of blog you are running. Creating great blog posts will improve with practice, so get out there and start posting.
These are the basics you need to begin creating your blog and start posting. Eventually you may want to experiment with different sorts of multimedia, such as audio and video, or at the least, image graphics. You may also take advantage of social networking capabilities within your website, such as the ability to email content, or share to Twitter, Facebook, or other networks.
It will also be important to look into SEO services so that your blog and its content can be easily found through web searches. But that will come after you have started to create content. Just remember to tackle the process one thing at a time, and soon you will be blogging with the best of them!
When it comes to marketing your business or services locally, it is common to face some difficulties. Local Internet marketing seems to be dominated mostly by Google at this time, which means that your search engine optimization will have to be targeted more towards Google than at other search engines for the time being. So what are some considerations for putting local Internet marketing to work for your business or organization?
- Use social networking! We commonly think of such sites as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram when we consider social networking. But when it comes to local marketing for a business or group, there are better networks to be a part of. Helpful ratings on Yelp! Or LinkedIn can serve you much better than an Instagram presence.
- Having said that, it also helps to have a wide range of locations where people can find information on your business. If you post a Facebook update once per month and a Tweet once per week and maybe share with Google+, you are well on your way to increasing your web presence.
- Industry directories are an important place to start as well. Whether it’s yellow pages or a listing of local lawyers or pet care providers, being in a directory of local services puts you and your business on the map.
- Match your keywords to local market searches. If there is a local phrasing for a certain location or service, use that as a keyword so that you are more relevant to local searches.
Whether your business is a first time start up or a business that has been long standing but looking for new customers or clients, optimizing your web presence for local searches can be exactly what you need to get the word out there. What it comes down to is doing your research for your local area and seeing which will be the best local Internet marketing tactics for your particular needs.
By truly knowing your target clientele and by demonstrating rapport with other local businesses or clients, you will find that it is not so difficult to build your reputation and boost your search results within a given area. It is easier than it looks.